At the Pavilion, Carey's Lane, Cork
The B-Girl With A Golden Voice
At a time where Female artists of substance seem to be few and far between. Emerges a woman who has established a reputation for her mesmerizing stage presence, and inspirational voice. Noelle Scaggs illustrates the magic of true artistry. Acclaimed for her contributions as the female lead vocalist of Los Angeles based Soul Septet, The Rebirth. Noelle has contributed to film soundtracks, writing, and singing in such films as Walk Hard, The Nanny Diaries, and as an actress in Be Cool. She has also collaborated with hip-hop super group The Black Eyed Peas on several songs and videos. Noelle has been lending her voice to everything from classic Hip-hop hooks, to funky reggae dance floor tunes, to soulful ballads. She has joined forces with artists such as Quantic, Dilated Peoples, and DJ Rhettmatic of the Beat Junkies, M.E.D, The Lions, Orgone, Guilty Simpson, and many others.
Like her collaborative efforts, Noelle’s music takes on a chameleon like approach, drawing on a wealth of influences from soul, jazz, hip-hop, funky R&B, and electro. Laying soul filled vocal arrangements on top of beats thought to only be suitable for a well-versed MC. Grazing through Estero-like ballads, and sexy synth creations reminiscent of Glass Candy. Lyrically speaking on subjects of life struggles, relationship crisis, and social activism. Her highly anticipated, epic solo debut album “Venting” will feature production credits from many of the artists she has worked with in the past, as well as introducing her audience to producers on the come up. Some of them will include Madlib, Robin Hannible, Quantic, and Evidence of Dilated Peoples.
Noelle’s live performances showcase what she has been coined by her peers. Her b-girl style delivery and enchanting vocal range, often leaves audiences stunned with an infectious grin. Equal to Noelle’s vocal and writing talent is her alluring beauty and intelligence. Noelle Scaggs most definitely fits the description of what one would call, A Complete Package.
My Blog List
- ► 2010 (93)
- ► 2009 (390)
- Touching down at my Jam night on Friday August 8th...
- Tuesday tune of the day-Fela Kuti
- Tuesday tune of the day!
- Don't miss this gig in Cork!
- Tuesday tune of the day!
- Give us the Night, not the Nanny State
- A summer in Cork-summed up by one song!
- Some back in the day slept on flavours!
- Jay Z sticks it to the music snobs
- ▼ July (9)
- ► 2007 (27)
- I'm a DJ from Cork in Ireland. I work with RedFM, presenting Red Drive, The Hitlist and my specialist show, Black on Red. I'm probably best known for being one of the main hip-hop/soul DJ's in Cork and Ireland. I've been DJing in Cork since the early 90's in legendary clubnights such as Sweat in Sir Henrys, Mor Disco, Free La Funk, Yo Latino and also Jam and Jam Junior at the Savoy and the Pavilion. I've also held down long term residencies at clubs around Ireland such as Brown Sugar at the Kitchen in Dublin, U-Turn at Ri Ra in Dublin, Jazz Juice at the GPO in Galway, Thompson Garage in Belfast, the Soul Clinic, Dee-Bop, Meltdown and Mo Bounce in Limerick and i've played abroad in the United States and the U.K. on numerous occasions. I also write a music column for the Evening Echo and i'm a regular contributor to the U.K.'s Blues and Soul, the longest running black music magazine in the world. These days i run the Pavilion, a music venue in Cork, which hosts my Jam night every few Fridays http://www.pavilioncork.com also you can catch me at http://djstevieg.podomatic.com