48 hours to go to a huge celebration of Detroits great label! We are running a big night in Jam Friday at the Pavilion to celebrate the 50th anniversary of one of the best record labels of all time. I'm counting down 50 of my favourites and here's five more
Download my Motown mix for here
No.27 Martha Reeves and the Vandellas-"Nowhere to Run"
Stomping tune with an amazing vocal
No.26 Marvin Gaye-"Let's Get It On"
Another turn in Marvin's career, from another classic album
No.25 Smokey Robinson-"Going to a Go-Go"
As fresh as ever I love this
No.24 Rare Earth-"I Just want to celebrate"
Norman Whitfield again showing the rock side of Motown
No.23 Edwin Starr-"25 Miles"
Northern soul classic
My Blog List
- ► 2010 (93)
- Give me the night with Gloria Gaynor (dedicated to...
- One for the late night crew! Poor Righteous Teache...
- Give me the night with T Connection
- Tune of the day-Nitro Deluxe
- Tune of the day! Jay Z
- Give me the night with Guy
- Tune of the day! Hypnotic Brass Ensemble
- Do not disturb!
- Kanye West rocks Jam at the Pavilion with Kid Cudi...
- Give me the night-2 Pac
- One for the late night crew! Common, Lauryn Hill a...
- Michael Jackson-the final word
- One for the late night crew! Nina Simone
- The Impressionists on Black on Red!
- 50 years of Motown no. 11 and tune of the day! The...
- 50 years of Motown no. 12 Marvin Gaye and Kim West...
- 50 years of Motown no. 13 and one for the late nig...
- 50 years of Motown numbers 21 up to 14!
- Death of Auto-tune = Rebirth of hip-hop?
- 50 years of Motown no. 22 and one for the late nig...
- 50 years of Motown numbers 27, 26, 25, 24 and 23!
- 50 years of Motown no. 28-The Isley Brothers "This...
- ▼ July (22)
- ► 2008 (36)
- ► 2007 (27)
- I'm a DJ from Cork in Ireland. I work with RedFM, presenting Red Drive, The Hitlist and my specialist show, Black on Red. I'm probably best known for being one of the main hip-hop/soul DJ's in Cork and Ireland. I've been DJing in Cork since the early 90's in legendary clubnights such as Sweat in Sir Henrys, Mor Disco, Free La Funk, Yo Latino and also Jam and Jam Junior at the Savoy and the Pavilion. I've also held down long term residencies at clubs around Ireland such as Brown Sugar at the Kitchen in Dublin, U-Turn at Ri Ra in Dublin, Jazz Juice at the GPO in Galway, Thompson Garage in Belfast, the Soul Clinic, Dee-Bop, Meltdown and Mo Bounce in Limerick and i've played abroad in the United States and the U.K. on numerous occasions. I also write a music column for the Evening Echo and i'm a regular contributor to the U.K.'s Blues and Soul, the longest running black music magazine in the world. These days i run the Pavilion, a music venue in Cork, which hosts my Jam night every few Fridays http://www.pavilioncork.com also you can catch me at http://djstevieg.podomatic.com