Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Bad news and a tiny bit of good news!
The Bad News
Please note THE MIGHTY DIAMONDS show due to take place in The Pavilion on Tuesday 31 March has been postponed…
‘Donald "Tabby" Shaw, Fitzroy "Bunny" Simpson and Lloyd " Judge" Ferguson were all denied visas on appeal this week. There is only get one chance to make an appeal before the visa is completely denied and the process has to be started all over again. The system for UK visas has radically changed in the last few months, and since the last tour. Their Irish visas were dependent upon their UK visas and were to be collected in London.’
Refunds available from point of purchase. New dates will be announced once confirmed.
13 Carey's Lane(just off Patrick Street)
The Good News (here is a classic tune to cheer ya up on a Tuesday morning)
My Blog List
- ► 2010 (93)
- Hip-hop reggae!
- My newmix
- Yo Latino paves way for Carnivale this Friday!
- Five days of work, one whole day of play!
- Tune of the day!
- A couple for the breakdancers ahead of our party t...
- Theophilus London hitting Jam April 17th at the Pa...
- Bad news and a tiny bit of good news!
- The most sampled artists in hip-hop?
- The Disco era that lives on!
- Maturing better than the finest wine!
- Things done changed!
- Jam March line-up
- ▼ March (14)
- ► 2008 (36)
- ► 2007 (27)
- I'm a DJ from Cork in Ireland. I work with RedFM, presenting Red Drive, The Hitlist and my specialist show, Black on Red. I'm probably best known for being one of the main hip-hop/soul DJ's in Cork and Ireland. I've been DJing in Cork since the early 90's in legendary clubnights such as Sweat in Sir Henrys, Mor Disco, Free La Funk, Yo Latino and also Jam and Jam Junior at the Savoy and the Pavilion. I've also held down long term residencies at clubs around Ireland such as Brown Sugar at the Kitchen in Dublin, U-Turn at Ri Ra in Dublin, Jazz Juice at the GPO in Galway, Thompson Garage in Belfast, the Soul Clinic, Dee-Bop, Meltdown and Mo Bounce in Limerick and i've played abroad in the United States and the U.K. on numerous occasions. I also write a music column for the Evening Echo and i'm a regular contributor to the U.K.'s Blues and Soul, the longest running black music magazine in the world. These days i run the Pavilion, a music venue in Cork, which hosts my Jam night every few Fridays http://www.pavilioncork.com also you can catch me at http://djstevieg.podomatic.com