Monday, June 19, 2006
Cork Hiphop Week 2006!
I've decided to put together a Hip-hop week in Cork to celebrate the arrival of Kanye West for his Live at the Marquee gigs. It runs roughly from June 25th to July 3rd but there's also a few other events which might interest people, including the visit of rapper Emmanuel Jal to the Spiegeltent and the Irish/African Community Gospel Choir competition next Saturday at St Finbarres' Cathedral (www.corkfestival.com)
"Hip-hop just stepped up in the Arena"
CORK HIP-HOP WEEK 2006
Sunday June 25th
14-17 year olds
Mineral Bar Only
DJ’s Stevie G, Susie K, Niall, Dingey
MC’s Bony, Jaae, Mickey Gatch and Sintar
Doors 8PM 12.50 Euro at Mmad
Wednesday June 28th
The Savoy Mezzanine
The Knock Knock Club presents Laura Izibor
Doors 10PM 7/5 Euro
Friday June 30th
The Savoy Mezzanine
DJ ISM from Germany
Mikki Dee and Captain Kirk from New Zealand
Doors 11PM 7 Euro
Pre Party at the Bodega from early featuring Resident John Barry plus Donal Conway from Elementary (TBC)
Saturday July 31st
The Triskel Arts Centre
Steppin Into Tomorrow Youth Culture Workshop
Open Mic Special
All ages welcome loads of MC’s and singers
2PM-5.30PM Admission Free
Rapture Hip-hop Special
Stevie G in the main room with hip-hop classics
J Rummy and A2DF in the Foyer bringin da ruckus
Doors 11PM 10/8 Euro
Sunday July 2nd
(After Kanye West)
Former World DJ Champ DJ Cash Money on the wheels of steel
Doors 10.30 12 Euro
All week the Bodega will be open late and will feature DJ’s such as Colm Kenefick, Cillian Moore and on Thursday, the Godfather of Soul Music in Cork, Ian Richards
Cork’s RedFM 104-106
Black on Red
Saturday 24th June and Saturday 2nd July
7-10PM each night
Stevie G presents two hip-hop specials featuring everything from
classic old skool to the best in the new stuff!
Teenage Thursdays Special
Thursday June 28th
Some of Cork’s Best Teenage Talent on the Mic
And last, but not least,
Aiken Promotions and Cork’s RedFM present Live At the Marquee
Sunday July 2ND and Monday July 3RD
My Blog List
- ► 2010 (93)
- ► 2009 (390)
- ► 2008 (36)
- ► 2007 (27)
- An international star in the making!
- African Irish Community Gospel Choir Competition
- Jam Junior kicks off Cork Hip-hop Week!
- The Marquee is looking good!
- Izzo is da Bizzo!
- Cork Hiphop Week 2006!
- Republic Get Loose at RedFM!
- Portugal for the World Cup!
- Worldwide comes to Cork!
- Activate youth Theatre!
- ▼ June (10)
- I'm a DJ from Cork in Ireland. I work with RedFM, presenting Red Drive, The Hitlist and my specialist show, Black on Red. I'm probably best known for being one of the main hip-hop/soul DJ's in Cork and Ireland. I've been DJing in Cork since the early 90's in legendary clubnights such as Sweat in Sir Henrys, Mor Disco, Free La Funk, Yo Latino and also Jam and Jam Junior at the Savoy and the Pavilion. I've also held down long term residencies at clubs around Ireland such as Brown Sugar at the Kitchen in Dublin, U-Turn at Ri Ra in Dublin, Jazz Juice at the GPO in Galway, Thompson Garage in Belfast, the Soul Clinic, Dee-Bop, Meltdown and Mo Bounce in Limerick and i've played abroad in the United States and the U.K. on numerous occasions. I also write a music column for the Evening Echo and i'm a regular contributor to the U.K.'s Blues and Soul, the longest running black music magazine in the world. These days i run the Pavilion, a music venue in Cork, which hosts my Jam night every few Fridays http://www.pavilioncork.com also you can catch me at http://djstevieg.podomatic.com