Thursday, February 11, 2010
"I guess i'll see you next lifetime"
"On and On" already huge in Henrys, I bagged the vinyl of "Baduizm" in Manchester when we were djing over there-Think myself and Aoife Ni Canna got a copy each of the rare import and Angi, who i was spinning with at the time, was mad for a copy too as we tore apart Fat City for tunes-it was a great weekend and United ...won the match and another title soon after! The long 12 minute live version on the 12" was my first record on my Sunday soul show on Friendly that following summer, i used get up to the studio wrecked tired at midday after late night sessions and put it on, head down to the shop for
coffee and a sandwich, and be back in time for the next tune! She has continued to make great music since and her last album was my favourite of them all bar this.
I dedicate this tune to the memory
of Anna, who I shared some terrific times with that summer (although she
got kicked out of every club I DJ'd in it was always fun!)
"I Guess I'll see you next lifetime"
Stevie G presents the best of 97! Free download here
My Blog List
- Rise and shine soul! Sam Cooke 4
- Rise and shine soul! Sam Cooke 3
- One for the late night crew! Fela Kuti
- Rise and shine soul! Sam Cooke 2
- Living legends-Prince
- Rise and shine soul! Sam Cooke
- Rise and shine soul! Gil Scott Heron part 5
- Rise and shine soul! Gil Scott Heron part 4
- Rise and shine soul! Gil Scott Heron part 3
- Rise and shine soul! Gil Scott Heron part 2
- Rise and shine soul! Gil Scott Heron
- "I guess i'll see you next lifetime"
- It's alright!
- I thought i told ya that we don't stop!
- Bringing that Hip-house back!
- I wanna rock right now!
- So let it be house!
- Git on up!
- ▼ February (19)
- ► 2009 (390)
- ► 2008 (36)
- ► 2007 (27)
- I'm a DJ from Cork in Ireland. I work with RedFM, presenting Red Drive, The Hitlist and my specialist show, Black on Red. I'm probably best known for being one of the main hip-hop/soul DJ's in Cork and Ireland. I've been DJing in Cork since the early 90's in legendary clubnights such as Sweat in Sir Henrys, Mor Disco, Free La Funk, Yo Latino and also Jam and Jam Junior at the Savoy and the Pavilion. I've also held down long term residencies at clubs around Ireland such as Brown Sugar at the Kitchen in Dublin, U-Turn at Ri Ra in Dublin, Jazz Juice at the GPO in Galway, Thompson Garage in Belfast, the Soul Clinic, Dee-Bop, Meltdown and Mo Bounce in Limerick and i've played abroad in the United States and the U.K. on numerous occasions. I also write a music column for the Evening Echo and i'm a regular contributor to the U.K.'s Blues and Soul, the longest running black music magazine in the world. These days i run the Pavilion, a music venue in Cork, which hosts my Jam night every few Fridays http://www.pavilioncork.com also you can catch me at http://djstevieg.podomatic.com